Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

::Resting::

Scroll to the bottom for update to see who won the giveaway!

Ssshhhh....  she's resting....

Making the word "resting" for a dear friend who shares her words, art, and heart at Kingfisher Crossing was a little bit hard for me.  It's not that the word was hard to sculpt, no, but the word itself was a hard one to meditate on, to pray about, to settle into.  I'm most often on the go, and keep busy with many things to do, lots going on in my head.  Resting was a good word to sculpt, because I needed to messages that only resting can bring, as she does.

I originally sculpted "freedom" when I followed an urge that led me to the wire on the shelves of a local hardware store.

Since then, I have been sculpting more and more words, for friends, family, acquaintances.  It's a therapeutic process that I enjoy as I wait for the water to boil, sit down to watch the Olympics or So You Think You Can Dance, especially during the commercial breaks, or while I am relaxing on the couch.

One of my best friends, my loyal friend I call her, because she has been with me through so many of my changes, and always accepts me for me and listens and talks to me, had a vision she shared with me about a page of all the pictures of wire words on my blog; everyone's journey's captured on a page. I'm adding to it here, on the Wire Word Sculptures page - most are linked to either the recipient's webpage or to a blog post I've written about the word. 

If you ask me, I'd probably make you one.  But today, I'm offering a giveaway.  It'll be open all week, with the last entries being accepted on Friday (August 17th).  Would you like a wire word of your own?  If so, you may enter by leaving a comment here on my blog, with your word.  If you'd like to, please share a link to any blog post you may have written about your word.  For an extra entry, "like" my page on Facebook, and let me know you've done so (or if you already have done so).  One lucky person will win a free wire word from me (you must be willing to share your address so I can mail it to you when finished!)  I will announce the winner on Saturday, August 18th.

To read the lovely post over at Kingfisher Crossing by my lovely friend who shares about her word, resting, please click the links within the words here, or on the picture below.



Update on Saturday, August 18th -
Thank you to everyone who commented
and liked my page on facebook,
to enter this giveaway!
I love all of your words, and appreciate that some of you linked to posts about your word to share the meaning behind your choice.  And thank you for also linking to my page.



I wrote all of your names onto paper, with your word; two entries for those who also liked the facebook page.  I folded and placed them into my special clear bowl filled with shells and other special items that sits atop my writing desk. 


The name I pulled, after closing my eyes and shuffling the bits of pink paper around, was:


Congratulations, Deb!!!  I will be contacting you for your mailing address so I can send your word to you after I sculpt it.

I must say, though, that you all have such wonderful words that I would love to sculpt...  Would you contact me to talk about possibly working something out, offering me a tiny donation to make yours for you, I quietly ask?  All words will be shared on my Wire Words Page, with a link to your blog, specifically your post about why you chose yours, what it means to you, if you have written one.

Thank you all, once again! 

To Kingfisher, for being an inspiration and providing encouragement, all while she is resting.

To Cheryl, who shares how "live" she is, how to "live" through her art journal pages.

To Sue, for connection, which she is embracing; a word which has been speaking to me, too.

To SperlyGirl, for "begin", whose 10 things I love, I love.

To Anna, for "waiting", who shares her insightful art journal pages while she finishes up her PhD, and is full of authenticity.

All my best,
Brianne

10 comments:

  1. oh Brianne. I am so happy you connected with me. I adore your wore words. ~breathe~ please!!
    I am going to post about this on my blog....I will let you know when I do....also...may I quote you " Other people read the news, I read blogs. And that's the news for me." ? I do not own a TV, not for over 10 years. Nor do I read newspaper, etc. But I am so enriched by reading and meeting friends in real life too! all because of Bloogyhoods!! Thank you for your offering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your words here, Deb: http://diddebdoit.blogspot.com/2012/08/b-r-e-t-h-e.html

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Brianne, for your friendship. Thanks, too, for my wire word. And for your link to my site. I'm glad that God has allowed you to fulfill your creative urges in simple but beautiful ways. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. came over via deb - what beautiful words. i am in ... "begin", please. what a lovely offering you share here - look forward to reading through more of your blog. grazie mille!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've hopped over here by way of Deb, to see your collection of inspired words. Love them, and your collages, I love collage too and share your methodology, although mine are not so organised on my blog to search out ;~)! My word would be 'connection' because for me this is what blogging is about ~ all the beautiful connections we make! x

    http://findingmybliss-foxysue.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/embracing-connections.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brianne, I hopped over here via Deb. My word is "live". Your blog is fabulous and I love that you were inspired by wire at a hardware store. I love hardware stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's my blog post where I mentioned your wire words.
    http://mysticmissive.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-new-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. It took me all week to think of my word, but here it is... waiting. I like your facebook page as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you Brianne.....and to each of your comments!! ~Brave words to live by!~

    ReplyDelete