Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Healing Begins with Holding Nothing Back

I love Pandora.com - sometimes it just knows what songs I need and when.  While listening to one of my stations I've got programmed in by having some favorite artists and track seeds as a guide for this online radio to do its thing, I often think, "how did it know to play that for me?"

It happened this week with the following two songs, which were played one after the other.  Strong themes of freedom flow through them.  There is meaning here for me, especially as I'm seeking hard after freedom this year, trying to encompass the meaning in my life.



I always like Tenth Avenue North.  This was my first time hearing their song "Healing Begins."  The video is powerful and brought me to tears for some reason.  I've printed out the lyrics of both songs and pasted them in my Freedom Journal.  These are some of the words that stick out to me as significant: 

"So let it fall down; There's freedom waiting in the sound; When you let your walls fall to the ground"

"This is where the healing begins, oh; This is where the healing starts; When you come to where you're broken within; The light meets the dark"

"Sparks will fly as grace collides; With the dark inside of us..."




This song "Holding Nothing Back" is performed by Jesus Culture, a group I'd love to see in person sometime.  The song "He Loves Us" was what began my love for this group.

It starts, "I am chosen, I am free; I am living for eternity; Free now forever." 

And the chorus is, "My chains fell off; My heart was free; I'm alive to live for you."

The song ends, "I'm free to live; Free to give; Free to be; I'm free to love you."

The lyrics of these songs have great depth of meaning for me. 

The secret message here is just as I titled this blog post:
 
Healing Begins with Holding Nothing Back.

And I am trying to live this, to reach that freedom within.

No comments:

Post a Comment