Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

It's True


There was a theme going on our family trip to Philadelphia. 
Louise Nevelson's Bicentennial Dawn carried the message,
as did her Atmosphere & Environment XII.  New ways to see,
different perspectives that caused varied viewing, were literally sculpted into her pieces.  When we visited Sir Isaac's Loft at The Franklin Institute, art & physics collided to speak more of this truth into life.  That's why I had to take a picture of the sign posted above that reads, "Changing the light changes what we see...  and how we see.  It can freeze time, reveal invisible worlds, and make the familiar seem fresh.  New perspectives bring new insights."

The two artists whose work is featured in this exhibit, Hugh Turvey & Artemi Kyrlacou, specialize in X-ray photography, which they describe "is about 'insight' and the 'true nature' of the constructed world around us." 

For new perspectives, for insight:
This is why I'm all about Prism Vision.
And it's why I look forward to the messages I'll receive when my family & I visit science centers, like DaVinci, where these two pictures, the prism above and ice below, were taken.

It's why I'm obsessed with Secret Messages...



And it's why I know that this is true:
contrary to popular belief,
God doesn't always want to put us in a box
and stop us from being the unique individuals
that we were created to be.

I know that once we simply embrace the art of what
our purposes are revealed
and we are happier people -
we don't always have to worry
that God's plan is something we're going to hate,
that we're doomed to live lives that rub
against the very grain of our being...

I've found that once I looked at it differently,
I saw that God wants to set me free,
to live in the truths set out before time,
and be who He has always wanted me to be.



And look!  Even the gunk in my sink
is smiling back at me!
(Which ,of course, was noticed by my son.)

No comments:

Post a Comment