This post is about something special that my family & I did together recently. We had such a good time and took some nice pictures that will fit well into a blog memorabilia page.
We participated in a cleanup on one of the scenic roads that is part of the beautiful national forest region we live in.
As I post these pictures I smile, remembering what a good time we had together. Who would have thought that collecting garbage off the sides of a road could be so much fun and carry such meaning?
Leave it to my insightful son to find significance in everything and share comments to express his thoughtful mind. "Hey Mom," he says, "it's like, all these little things, people think they don't even matter, but they really do," as he picks up some small piece of trash to add to our garbage bag.
It's the infinitesimal, speaking & calling, the truth that we need to look closely, pick up the tiny pieces that were tossed as if they didn't matter, and realize the impact of each and every stitch. I know this, but I need to be constantly reminded. Just last week on Jeopardy, I heard the word. It was an answer to a $2,000 Double Jeopardy clue in the 13-letter word category. The first contestant to answer got it wrong for leaving out a syllable. The infinitesimal matters.
This is what we see when we look closely. We find beauty in the small things, and we find hearts too.
Brianne, thanks for sharing with us at NOBH. Teaching your children community service and a love for creation is a noble task. Please keep linking with us.
ReplyDeleteI loved the imagery in your post...you notice things in God's creation the way I see them too...as beautiful pictures of His love for us and His kingdom. When we begin to look at nature and God's world that way we see so much more than what is on the surface. Thank you for sharing your day with us. I loved being there with you and your family!
ReplyDelete