The thought of throwing away
my old journals, my old poems, my old me
had crossed my mind many a time.
my old journals, my old poems, my old me
had crossed my mind many a time.
Better yet, I thought
I’d throw them in the fire.
That way they’d be completely gone -
Never rediscovered.
I’d throw them in the fire.
That way they’d be completely gone -
Never rediscovered.
I did not want to go digging,
but there was a strong urge
calling me
to rediscover
who I always was.
but there was a strong urge
calling me
to rediscover
who I always was.
And it surprises me, actually,
how much good is in these places
that I’ve shared my life in for years.
It surprises me how much
encouragement I have collected.
how much good is in these places
that I’ve shared my life in for years.
It surprises me how much
encouragement I have collected.
And even in the times of struggling expressed, I see
that good things were in store for me
and the wondrous experience of growing.
that good things were in store for me
and the wondrous experience of growing.
What all will I share from these?
It’s not completely clear to me;
right now I’m just typing.
It’s not completely clear to me;
right now I’m just typing.
And it’s hard and it’s fun
and it’s eye-opening.
And I’m scared
that it’s more than I can handle.
and it’s eye-opening.
And I’m scared
that it’s more than I can handle.
And I’m here blogging
and becoming part of community
because I need this –
and becoming part of community
because I need this –
There’s much silence
in my life
when it comes to my life & writing,
and I need voices surrounding me,
supporting.
in my life
when it comes to my life & writing,
and I need voices surrounding me,
supporting.
I am scared of the silence
and of the unknown
but I step out,
tiny,
and of the unknown
but I step out,
tiny,
Offering,
Trusting,
Heart and Palm
Open.
Trusting,
Heart and Palm
Open.
No comments:
Post a Comment