Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

After the Storm

Hurricane Sandy hit hard just less than two weeks ago,
and our area was one of the many that was without power.
Thankfully, there was no destruction to our home. 
Many trees fell and snapped in half to the right and to the left, as we listened to the winds blow and snuggled together to keep warm.  When we became aware of the extent of the destruction that Sandy wrought, we were devastated.  The Jersey Shore, parts of Queens and Long Island, Staten Island, NY, to name a few...  I found this website that lists ideas of what can be done to continue to help hurricane victims:
What You Can Do To Help Victims of Hurricane Sandy.


We are thankful for great friends who took us in, kept us fed and warm, as their power was back on many days before ours was expected to be.  Being with them was the best way our family could have possibly spent the time, and we have missed them since we returned home Monday morning.

 
 
After the storm, lives return to whatever form of normal they are used to, and I am not one to take pictures of the destruction.  Last year when Hurrican Irene hit, I could not bring myself to photograph the flood waters that covered areas nearby.  As I walked past all of the uprooted and cracked-in-half trees, the pictures I took were these.


The prism effect of light, still shining, and rainbows to be caught when the light is looked at and captured just right.

 
The glistening effect of frost on grass, sparkling glittery colors of the spectrum, reminding me to hope, always hope, for what is to come.

2 comments:

  1. And no one (or storm) can take that hope from us! Reminds me of Hebrews 12:28, "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful."

    ReplyDelete