This year has been a year of reawakening for me.
It started with reading The Artist's Way, and continued with going on photography outings, sculpting words and pendants from wire, and making collages from magazine cutouts. Creating my blog, this offering here, has opened me up to thinking and seeing in new creative ways. Another part of this journey has been art journaling which, as an avid journaler, was exciting for me to discover and begin to do.
When I won a subscription to The Art Journaler service one day, I was delighted. Even more so when I received what you see in the following photographs in the mail!
I believe that the process of art is powerful. It opens us up to what lies beneath the surface, and we are able to create meaningful, beautiful creations. Art changes us, changes our thinking, our perception, and the way we see. Journaling through art can help you work through what your life is facing in ways that go beyond words. You can write yourself secret messages, truths that you will hold dear. There are no rules, which I love.
The Art Journaler community is a great one to be part of. You can share your pages with others and see what others have created. I will post some of my pages here on a next post. It was fun to receive all these delightful goodies in the mail from the subscription service. Imagine, as an adult, how fun it is to receive stars, words, hearts, puzzle pieces and such in the mail, in colorfully decorated envelopes, when usually there's no more than bills and junk!? I think anyone of any age would benefit from art journaling, and can imagine this would have been a great practice to have known as a teenager, too. Never too late, never too soon!
Well said and I agree with all your words. I love my journals, each and every one...and really dig the community in TAJ
ReplyDeleteI'm happy for you that you're getting a chance to do some art journaling. Congrats on the package of supplies you won. Hope your lives are getting back to normal after the storms.
ReplyDeleteMay God shine his light into your heart today.
Love, Marilee
What a wonderful surprise to receive! I have always wanted to journal ... mostly a nature journal. I end up starting one, then losing track and finding it years later with only 1 or 2 pages done. You give me inspiration to try yet again - as you say it's never too late! :=}
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for linking up this cute heart with GHT. I looked at it closer, and noticed it has tiny hearts on the big heart!