Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

How Long

How long will you stay, long enough to get to know me?


How long will you hang around, to see what I'm really about

to follow me through seasons and changes

through darkness and light



Will you judge me on a glimpse

in an instant

or will you stay there

fighting your way

to really see



Will you choose

to give me the freedom

to be more than

what you want to

label me as

by your first impression



Will you choose

to stay

and listen

to my stories

even it takes me

a long time

to tell them?



Will you wait

until I'm ready

Will you wait

with me




Who will wait

until I'm ready

Who will wait

with me

2 comments:

  1. touched.....so deeply
    and profoundly
    touched
    by your beautiful raw questions.
    what a bold invitation.
    intrigue and respect flowing
    from me to you
    with glad thanks
    for this brave share,
    Jennifer
    (followed you over here from messy canvas)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your meaningful comment Jennifer; thank you for seeing.

      Delete