i need words
like oxygen,
the air i breathe,
to experience
life fully.
to interpret
the experience
of living,
i need to think,
to write,
to figure it all out,
to piece together pieces.
i need art,
music,
the experiences of others
as they use artistry
to help me interpret
life to the fullest -
this human experience.
i need words
to offer
and be offered,
to read
and be read.
i need words
to pour out
all of the emotion
that overflows
in my head.
Oh, Brianne...so good to read this and know that there are others out there. It's strange to get to be 43 years old and begin to find "kindred souls" after living a lifetime wondering...why am I so strange? Because words do hold all the world still for me. So I can hold it in my hands, and it is good to slip my fingers into yours. Just walk a spell. And know that I am not alone anymore. Thank you. Thank you for this beautiful poem, and your words of encouragement over at FreedomJournal. I am grateful. For you. Today.
ReplyDeleteGrace to your feet, friend.
Bernadette
Yes, Bernadette, you are definitely not alone... it sure is good to know! Thank you for your wonderful words here. Blessings to you.
Delete