Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

~Nest~


The birds, they just collect bits & pieces, and with these, make their homes.  It's all they need, and they are able to create their safe havens, for their families to hatch and grow.

I'm just always thinkin about how You, Lord God, care for Your young, the birds, the lilies, You provide all they need.  They don't worry.  The birds go about their days joyfully. 

How can I grasp this, and go about my days as they do, making my nest in You?

Psalm 84:1-4 (The Message)
"What a beautiful home, God-of-the-Angel-Armies!  I've always longed for a place like this, always dreamed of a room in your house, where I could sing for joy to God-alive!  Birds find nooks and crannies in your house, sparrows and swallows make nests there.  They lay their eggs and raise their young, singing their songs in the place where we worship.  God-of-the-Angel-Armies!  King!  God!  How blessed they are to live and sing there!"

Psalm 104:10-12 (Amplified Bible)
"He sends forth springs into the valleys; their waters run among the mountains.  They give drink to every (wild) beast of the field; the wild asses quench their thirst there.  Beside them the birds of the heavens have their nests; they sit among the branches."

Sharing with:


6 comments:

  1. Bird nests are so very special - my mom collects old ones and keeps them in her office. I love your description of how the birds collect bits and pieces and make a home. How very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cytie! That is so neat that your mom collects nests! They are so special.

      Delete
  2. What a special and great work!

    http://blogg.birgittasplace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Birgitta! It was a special experience to create, certainly. I will check out your place now!

      Delete